Petzl Technical Institute is a center for knowledge, discussion, and the creation of solutions for those who work and play in the vertical world.
The Petzl Technical Institute operates out of Petzl’s North American headquarters–a 15,000 sq/ft state-of-the-art technical training center located in the heart of Utah’s Salt Lake Valley.
This state-of-the-art facility features the following amenities:
- 55-foot tall climbing wall with multi-pitch capability
- Over 5,000 sq/ft of exposed structure climbing for programming that includes tower, rope-access, and industrial rescue
- Three-story vertical confined space training apparatus
- Two-story EXO tower for personal escape system training
- 36-foot tall drop-test structure
- Tensile-testing capability
- 70-foot high-angle exterior surface and rooftop training area
- Two classrooms, complete with digital teaching tools, paperless course documentation, and capable of accommodating up to 135 people
- Cafeteria and locker room with showers
- Easy access to public transportation and within walking distance from multiple hotel and dining options
The PTI training center is part of Petzl’s North American headquarters, a 82,ooo sq/ft building that was designed with the focus of reducing our environmental impact as much as possible. Certified as a LEED Platinum facility, this building was built to the highest standards of sustainability, efficiency, innovation, design, and work-place experience.