Date(s) - 06/18/20
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
*** Cancelled due to COVID-19 ***
Maintain your ability and update your knowledge in order to thoroughly examine items of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for protection against falls from height in the role of a competent person.
- To thoroughly examine PPE using the Petzl protocol
- To identify any defects and damage which would result in the item being removed from service
- Complete inspection reports effectively
- Understanding the changes in legislation and the current requirements regarding the control of PPE for protection against falls from height
- Presentation of technical background regarding the construction of PPE, and how these may affect their periodic examinations
- Presentation and use of Petzl’s examination protocol
- Pre-use checks, special inspections, thorough examinations, significance of any defects, criteria for removal from service
- Designated persons, those with a responsibility for carrying out thorough examinations of PPE, who have already successfully completed the 3-day PPE: Selection, Inspection & Management course and are looking for re-certification.
Bookings are closed for this event.