Save the date for Petzl RopeTrip North American Series–2018 Rope Access Challenge & Symposium–scheduled for Feb 12-16, 2018. This North American edition of Petzl RopeTrip will feature a two-day rope access competition, one-day rope access symposium, and two optional days of training courses.
The event is open to teams from all nations.The highest ranking team from North America will be sponsored by Petzl America to attend the Petzl RopeTrip International Challenge scheduled for early June 2018 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Dates: Feb 12-16, 2018
- Location: Petzl Technical Institute, Salt Lake City, UT
- Competition Rules: Teams must consist of three-person teams. Click here for a complete list of rules.
- Petzl can help place individuals on teams
- Cost: $70 per participant or $210 per team
- Includes three lunches, one dinner reception, and admission to the competition and symposium
- Day 1: Registration, PPE Inspection, Skills Testing, Qualification Round
- Day 2: Qualification Round, Semifinals & Finals, Dinner Reception
- Day 3: Technical Rope Access Symposium
- Demonstrations and Presentations – included in registration fees
- Days 4 & 5: Optional two-day PPE Competent Person course
- PPE course will be offered at a 50% reduced rate to SPRAT or IRATA members
Experience the excitement of Petzl RopeTrip and see this amazing event in action with the official Petzl RopeTrip video from 2016.
Symposium Outline (preliminary agenda)
- Rope access equipment and technical application testing
- New Petzl product knowledge practical workshops
- Rope Access advanced rescue technique validation
- ANSI Z459 rope access standard review
- Rope Access technician repetitive injury research
- Access rigging – Nicaragua, Masaya volcano expedition 2017
More details to follow with logistic, travel, and registration information.