Minimalist rigging workshop designed to introduce climbers to those skills needed to successfully perform self rescue and partner rescue in the multi-pitch environment.
- Designed for the competent trad and sport climber and his/her partner when other forms of rescue are unavailable in a timely manner.
- Provide self and partner rescue solutions using tools and equipment typically carried on the climber’s rack.
- Overview of climbing injuries and accidents
- Self rescue and partner rescue theory and concepts
- Basic equipment overview for climber-based minimalist rescue
- Review of useful knots and hitches
- Personal descent and ascent skills
- Safe leader retreat tactics
- Escaping a loaded belay
- Rescuing the Second
- Rescuing the Leader
- Mid face/pitch lowering tactics and skills
- Moving Injured Climbers
- Managing injuries on the cliff
- Two-person rappels
- Two-person lowers
- Assisting/carrying injured parties
- Negotiating multiple pitches with an injured party
- Recreational and professional climbers.
- Mountain guides.
- Search and rescue team members.
- Military rescue personnel.