Rope-based confined space entry and rescue techniques for the professional and industrial rescuer as outlined by the NFPA and OSHA.
- Complete all of the rope-based Confined Space Rescue Technician Level requirements as outlined in NFPA 1670, as well as all of the rope requirements for the Confined Space Rescue Technician Levels I&II (Professional Qualifications) as outlined in NFPA 1006, Chapter 7.
- Fulfills the rigging requirements for entering, working, and performing rescues in Permit-Required Confined Spaces as specified by OSHA in 29, CFR 1910.146.
- Provide solutions for rope-based confined space entry and rescue situations in the urban and industrial environments.
- Knots, rope rescue equipment, and PPE.
- Belaying rescue loads and appropriate safety practices.
- Identifying anchor points and rigging anchor systems.
- Special rigging considerations for confined space entry and rescue.
- Patient packaging for confined space operations.
- Mechanical advantage theory.
- Raising and lowering systems.
- Tripod and other Artificial High Directional rigging and use.
- Team-based entry and rescue skills and techniques.
- Rescue decision-making and team deployment.
- Volunteer and professional Firefighters.
- EMS providers.
- Hazard Materials response teams.
- Industrial rescue team responders.
- USAR members.
- Search and rescue team members.
- Public Works employees.
- Military rescue personnel.