Mobile fall arrester: myths versus realities.
- Review the roles and applications of mobile fall arresters.
- Introduce, demonstrate and experiment with the advantages and limitations of various systems.
- Discuss myths and realities and answer recurring questions.
- Legislation and a comparison with the role of mobile fall arresters.
- Operating modes of the main products on the market.
- Risk analysis and practical experimentation.
- Clearance distance.
- Speed and efficiency of locking in various situations.
- Specific environments: extremes of temperatures, marine and chemical, dust and paint.
- Use with loads over 220 lbs., including accompanied rescue.
- Unlocking a loaded mobile fall arrester connected to the sternal or dorsal point.
- Using a lanyard with a mobile fall arrester.
- How, when and why is it necessary to use an energy absorber?
- Durability, inspection and maintenance.
- History and objectives of Petzl and IRATA publications related to the Petzl SHUNT.
- Work at height and rope access professionals.
- Rescue professionals.
- Rope access and fall arrest trainers.
- Petzl Technical Partners.