The PETZL RIG and I’D module is for those who are new to these descenders and for those wishing to expand their knowledge and explore them in more depth. Using a maximum of practical workshops, trainees will be introduced to a variety of techniques in realistic environments. Petzl STOP and GRIGRI users will be able to transfer their existing skills to these more efficient and adaptable devices. This module is a valuable tool for those introducing others to the RIG and I’D, and for trainers who deliver rope access or rescue training with these devices.
The objectives of this module are to understand the recommendations for using the Petzl RIG and I’D descenders and the risks linked to their improper use, to clarify the field of use of the Petzl RIG and I’D descenders, and to use the Petzl RIG and I’D correctly and understand their application in Petzl solutions.
- Introduction to the RIG and I’D
- Demonstration of basic functions.
- Instructions for use
- Practical exercises – basic functions
- Safety features
- Vertical Movement
- Inclined Movement
- Product experience
- Considerations for high load applications
- Demonstration of rescue techniques
- Practical exercises
- Ascent and descent
- Using the RIG and I’D in a haul system
- Managing PPE
- Rope access technicians and trainers
- Rescue technicians and trainers
- Petzl sales representatives
- Completion of a work at height module and/or rope access training as a minimum
LEARNING SUPPORT AND CERTIFICATION:
- Certificate of attendance
- Place : Petzl Technical Institutes.
- Duration : 1 day (7 hours).